AppArmor for Ubuntu

Last summer I did an effort to build packages of AppArmor (project page) to Ubuntu. Unfortunately, I needed at that time patch and recompile the kernel. That took a lot of work and time. I did not manage to spend all that work to maintain the packages. A few days ago I got a mail from Crispin Cowan that Kees Cook had told him that patching the kernel is not necessary any more.

Yesterday and today I have spent some time to refresh my packages. The last snapshot of AppArmor from October last year did not compile in Feisty. Instead I took the last subversion revision. The status looks not to good for that either, some of the Perl scripts refers to an undefined variable. I hope I will get some help from the AppArmor guys.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Circles in PostGIS

Create your own CA with TinyCA2 (part 1)

Create your own CA with TinyCA2 (part 2)