Network-manager

I have tried to get the Network-manager working, but it does not want to. I have no problem at all to get the wireless net to work with the normal network configuration tool, it worked out of the box. But then when I install the Network-manager I do not get any wireless connection. It sometimes finds the network but can't connect.

My laptop is a MSI S271 running Ubuntu Edgy and have a MSI wireless network card with a RaLink RT2500 chip. According to the hardware listing it should work with WEP and unencrypted.

I also have a feeling that I only have 802.11b working, but not g. My router is a Linksys WRT54GS.

Update:
I have 54mbit/s according to:
$ sudo iwlist ra0 rate
ra0 12 available bit-rates :
1 Mb/s
2 Mb/s
5.5 Mb/s
11 Mb/s
18 Mb/s
24 Mb/s
36 Mb/s
54 Mb/s
6 Mb/s
9 Mb/s
12 Mb/s
48 Mb/s
Current Bit Rate=54 Mb/s

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Circles in PostGIS

Create your own CA with TinyCA2 (part 1)

Create your own CA with TinyCA2 (part 2)