Laptop refreshment and Jython

I haven't had too much spare time for a while, therefore the lack of writing. Fortunately I had time today to start upgrading my laptop to Ubuntu 7.10 (Gutsy Gibbon) when it is still fresh. I have a few minutes left until it finished.

Yesterday evening I were at a seminar about Jython. Jython is an implementation of Python that runs on Java virtual machines (JVM). The advantage of this is that you can use all existing frameworks etc that exists for Java but still programming Python. The talk was about a Google summer of Code project that wrote a compiler for Python 2.5 for Jython. Until now Jython had only run Python 2.2 code. There were a lot of talk about how they had written the compiler to Java byte code with a minimal of effort. The focus was to get something working, and the got it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Circles in PostGIS

Create your own CA with TinyCA2 (part 1)

Create your own CA with TinyCA2 (part 2)