Ldap-server when upgrading

We have a public holiday here in Sweden today. I have celebrated that by upgrading my server to Ubuntu 8.04 (Hardy Heron), the last of the computers I take care of. Of all five computers I have upgraded to Hardy this was the only one I got some problems with.

The server runs, among other things, a ldap-server to authorize users. During the upgrade I noticed that the ldap-server were turned off and I got time out when looking up some accounts. The upgrade took therefore very long time. I edited my /etc/nsswitch.conf and removed all lookups to ldap. When the upgrade was finished I added it again and everything seems working perfect again.

Comments

nightman said…
Hi I've just wanted to let You know about new Ubuntu promotional website http://www.ubuntustory.com .

Some time ago I've got an idea to add my small brick to Ubuntu wall doing what I can do best - by designing. I've prepared with my friend a website where people can read about Ubuntu and share their stories how they are using it.

It would be perfect if You could mention about it on Your blog and of course share Your story by telling why are You using Ubuntu.

Best regards!

Popular posts from this blog

Circles in PostGIS

Create your own CA with TinyCA2 (part 1)

Create your own CA with TinyCA2 (part 2)