Don't drop your laptop

Monday evening I accidentally dropped my laptop on the floor. At a first glance everything worked. But yesterday I observed that I was running on battery and that it did not charged. I checked the power adapter and it worked.

First I run a new backup before further investigations. Afterwards I started unassemble the laptop. When I finally saw the power connector the positive poles sold were broken. When I dropped the laptop the power connector must have taken the hit.

Today I started glue the plastic parts of the connector. Later I will solder the connector. I can only hope it will work. Wish me luck!

Until the laptop is fixed I have to use my wifes laptop Piglet which also uses Ubuntu.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Circles in PostGIS

Create your own CA with TinyCA2 (part 1)

Create your own CA with TinyCA2 (part 2)