What is this?

I have been using Linux since before 1.0 of the kernel. I have been using it at home, school and work. Actually, Linux is my main task at work to day. I am responsible for the Linux servers at the Swedish weather service, SMHI. At work we are mostly running Red Hat Enterprise Linux. But at home I am running Ubuntu since an early release candidate of Warty. Before that I ave been running Red Hat/Fedora, Slackware, Yggdrasil, Debian, Gentoo and Suse.

Booth me and my wife are running Linux on our desktop. I have an extra lab-machine, that I easy can change between different versions due to network boot. The server is also running Ubuntu with an addition of Xen. So the server is hosting four other servers:
  • One for internal file, printing, web etc.
  • One authentication and authorization server running MIT Kerberos and OpenLdap.
  • One DMZ server accessible from internet with web and mail.
  • Finally a lab server that I am using to develop a music jukebox together with some friends.
Okey, so why am I writing this and why in English. I have a blog in Swedish since half a year where I mostly writes about my house and things related to that. But I feel that I want to practice my English writing skills more and that it would be nice to write more about Linux and mainly Ubuntu, so here we are.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Circles in PostGIS

Create your own CA with TinyCA2 (part 1)

Create your own CA with TinyCA2 (part 2)