Three PostgreSQL books

I have for a long time been in the MySQL camp when it is about Open Source databases. It may depend on several different reasons, such as I am a Swede, it filled my needs etc. Of course, I have been using PostgreSQL at different occasions but not much.

This fall we started a project at work were we use GIS-data (geographic-data). MySQL only support a flat surface and can only do geometric queries using boxes, not arbitrary surfaces. That was not good enough for us. We took a look at PostgreSQL and its addition PostGIS. This was exactly what we needed.

Today I stumbled up on a three volume(1, 2, 3) reference guide of Postgres which is a nice complement to Postgres already terrific documentation. Best of all, take a look at the bottom of the pages with the Postgres books and you will find an online version of them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Circles in PostGIS

Create your own CA with TinyCA2 (part 1)

Create your own CA with TinyCA2 (part 2)