Disable touchpad on MSI S271

I have sometimes been frustrated on the high sensitivity of the touchpad at the MSI S271. Since its not a synaptic I have not had any way to disable it, I thought. Stupid me, it is very easy. I read this blog today and got annoyed why I did not thought of this my self.

To disable it:
sudo rmmod psmouse

You will still be able to use any USB pointer device.

To enable the touchpad again:
sudo modprobe psmouse

I have verified this on Ubuntu 7.04 (Feisty), but it should work on any modern Linux. Once in the future I will connect this to some key combination.

Comments

Magnus Runesson said…
See the follow up about toggling the touchpad using shortcut keys here.

Popular posts from this blog

Circles in PostGIS

Create your own CA with TinyCA2 (part 1)

Create your own CA with TinyCA2 (part 2)